Friday, November 05, 2004

Dance

Although I don't consider this quite as high an artform as the previous three I discussed, that's only because there are only so many things you can do with the human body. Music, film and art have such fluid, extensive, flexible mediums, there's no way you can express as much message through dance. Yet, I'd rather watch dance more than anything but a great concert, and I enjoy dancing more than painting or filmmaking....but, not more than singing. Fortunately, when I sing, I dance, so I've never had to make that trade off, though the breathing gets a little tricky.
I love Bob Fosse, Twyla Tharp, Ballanchine... incredible choreographers. Artists of the highest order. Britney Spears and Madonna are fantastic dancers, I guess I'd call them artists. Dance is so inspiring. You are watching someone give it their all, their heart, spirit & body too. And you've got to admire what the dancers themselves do, it requires unbelievable discipline and strength. Most actors & singers started with dance and couldn't cut it, it's for the young. So, even if you're a white boy, get out there and let your body move to the music, dancing is way cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home