Thursday, December 09, 2004

Billboards

Best moment of the evening: when Diana Ross dropped that feather thing - she looked like some kind of mutant flower. Now, she is really holding up well. I don't quite understand why they didn't christen Beyonce more. They usually have a new black girl every year but they held up at Alicia, I guess because she's so artsy, serious & musical & Beyonce, like all the sexy dancer types are somewhat dissed. Few understand how hard that stuff is. I love Alicia Keys. Falling is stunning, so original, a blend of gospel, hip-hop, r&b, but, so is Crazy in Love, in its own way, that is one jazzed up, aggressive song. There are a lot of folks who turn off at women doing in your face sex/power stuff, Madonna & Britney take a lot of flack. Now, don't get me wrong, I can't listen to that pop sound for more than 3 minutes, but, let's face it the American public has about as much taste for sexually powerful women as it does for powerful black men, or that of any ehtnicity, for that matter. Did Eminem miss a deadline or something? I don't remember seeing him & he just put an album out, he's usually so promotional. Oh well, no loss, the guy is so bitter, he's not even funny half the time... though I did like the MJ stuff in his last video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home