Sunday, December 05, 2004

Joss Stone Show

The first time I heard her voice, I could barely believe it. And to see it come out of this teenage white girl, instead of a forty year old black woman still boggles my mind even when I'm close enough to see her white toe nail polish. Her voice is a gift but she is very innovative with it and has such guts and soul. Incredible! Jem shined and The Calling filled in for Los Lonely Boys wonderfully with only two acoustic guitars. Great show! The venue was the Masonic Temple on Nob Hill, top location, intimate and less than $25. This is exactly what I want to see more of!! Interestingly, I learned of it through friends and not my usual Ticketmaster alert system. This was on Tickets.com, which I usually don't use because it's not local. So, there are still glitches. There are probably lots of underused venues due to lack of a cohesive alert system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home