Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Love

You know I must really love Green Day's album to back yesterday's blog in green, the cold color of money and envy. They made a powerful statement on those things, a statement listened to by a lot of people, so they deserve it. Besides, you kind of have to recap the Grammy's the next day. I mean, jeez, if I were really cynical, I'd point out how much the NARAS loves dead artists, like Ray Charles, because they're, shall we say, a bit easier to deal with that way....

But, yesterday was Valentine's Day, my favorite holiday, and normally I'd have put the blog in red and waxed philosophical about one of my favorite subjects and feelings and core of my world.... love.

So, I'll do it today. Better late than never. Love is what it's all about, people. If your love light is dim, so are you. If it's turned up bright... so are you. In my church we're always singing "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine." I love the way the Dead put it, "Turn on your lovelight". Every true artist conveys the same message, from Van Gogh to the Beatles. Every great prophet and teacher says the same thing.

It's not about going to church, or being married, it's about what you feel inside. I'm always in love. It's hard to find the right person, the right relationship, that right mutuality takes a lot of effort. But, that doesn't mean you can't live in love. I feel what I feel and I try to be that honestly, if you bottle and hide, you end up hiding from yourself and the light goes dim, like little Tinkerbell in Peter Pan... remember how we had to clap her back to life?

I spent yesterday with pure love... the heroin of love. The sweetest, most concentrated stuff there is. How God put so much beauty, charm, cuteness and love into one little 55 pound body, I'll never know, but, she's the real deal.

So, maybe someday I'll find my true equal in a man... that will not be easy. I am way, way, way too fucking picky. First off, we need major brains, that alone eliminates like 99.9% of the population. My bod requirements are pretty specific. We need high music knowledge, an interesting life, a lust for life. I need all sorts of essentially disparate traits like a really strong artistic side AND good business sense. Moreover, I need to see that inner strength, which is rare around here because the guys get sunk under obligations.

So..... for now I'll have to content myself with a quilt of things I love: incredible children, an amazing best friend who really understands me, my homey girls who probably don't - but who love me, many wonderful, talented musicians and actors I get to "work" with, and my guy friends who, er, keep me satisfied... very satisfied... it's already more than anyone I know has, so why do I want even more? I want a lot out of life. I want it all. I love it all. I love life. Isn't it great? We can all have everything we want. Maybe not in terms of material stuff, that is limited. Unfortunately, so is time. But, this is the information age, and, I repeat, we can all have everything we want. That's the beauty of love, the beauty of knowledge. So, believe it. There is enough for everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well I'm not all about finding love, I've given up on that for now, but I'm not sad about it. I do like your optimistic post though. BTW, I have the same exact guitar (color and everything).

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home